The Golden KI Photography Competition
The Golden KI competition is a bi-weekly Uru photography contest. In order to participate, you will need an account at DPWR. Registration is quick, easy, and secure. Simply click here and follow the on-screen instructions.
There are only a few guidelines governing this contest. Please read them before participating.
- You may only submit one (1) image per competition.
- You are more than welcome to enter as many competitions as you want, but please only enter once each time.
- The following content IS permitted:
- Uru: Ages Beyond Myst content
- Uru: To D'ni content
- Uru: The Path of the Shell content
- Myst Online: Uru Live / Uru Live Prologue 2003-2004 content
- Until Uru content
- Images which have been Photoshopped to adjust for a dark image, or which have had their brightness/contrast/saturation adjusted for artistic effect. Please remember, however, that this is primarily a Photography contest, not a Photoshop contest.
- The following content IS NOT permitted:
- Until Uru content containing edited source files (i.e. altered sky colors)
- Myst Online: Uru Live Rehearsal content. Submitting content from the Rehearsal server is a violation of the Rehearsal Non-Disclosure Agreement and you may be ejected from the Rehearsal program as a result.
- Images containing graphical errors, broken Age states, KI conversations, etc.
- Images which have been Photoshopped to contain additional content, or to remove content normally appearing in-game.
- Images which have been taken using FlyMode (offline distributions) or the COBBS UserKI (Until Uru)
- While this is a bi-weekly competition, entries will only be accepted for the first week. The second week is for voting on entries. If you are attempting to enter but receive a permissions error, the contest is currently in the voting stage and images will not be accepted until the following Monday.
- Images must be at least 800x600 resolution, and no larger than 1280x1024. Pictures taken using the in-game KI photo utility are welcome. If you want to take a picture without using your KI, you will need to press "Print Screen" on your keyboard, open an image editing program (even MSPaint will do) and save the image as a JPG file. BMP and GIF files are NOT permitted!
- There are no minimum requirements on graphic quality beyond the image being rendered properly. Aliasing and low texture resolution will not bar you from entry.
- Entries may be in first OR third person view.
- Please only vote for one (1) image per competition.
- Voting may be performed by placing a comment in the image you wish to vote for.
- Please comment only on the image you want to vote for.
- You may NOT vote for your own image.
The winner of each competition will receive an 8x10 print of their entry if they request it and if it is within the realm of possibility to create. Difficult camera angles or locations may be more difficult to reproduce for the purpose of creating a print-quality image.
Entries will be closed at 11:59 PM Pacific Time on the first Saturday of
the competition. Voting will take place during the week following, and will close on the following Saturday at 11:59 PM Pacific Time. At that time, the person with the most votes will be declared the winner, and their image will be featured on this page. All entries will be hosted here at DPWR for as long as the competitions continues to run.
The DPWR.NET Calendar will have dates posted for each round's activities.
Please note: if you receive an error when attempting to enter the competition and you are already logged into DPWR, the competition is currently in voting and no new entries will be accepted until the following Monday.