Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

What's become of the Golden KI?, will it ever continue?

Reply to this topic Start new topic
Topic Options

Group: Full Member
Myster HERO
Quote Post+ post
Aug 9 2009, 07:30 PM
over a year has gone by since the last Golden KI image has been uploaded, but what will happen to the contest? confused.gif Will anyone ever post anything there ever again? dissolve.gif I like seeing new additions all the time. If the contest is officially over, why is the window still there?
Go to the top of the page
Group: AGrand Master
Alahmnat
Group: AGrand Master - Buttons aren't toys!
Quote Post+ post
Aug 13 2009, 06:32 PM
The Golden KI has been put on hold because of an ongoing decline in participation. Several times we had to delay closing a round for submissions or votes because there simply weren't enough of either to proceed with the contest. Between the long run of the Complete Chronicles content and the loss of the Uru Live content when Gametap shut the online version down, it seemed like people were running out of interesting photos to take after 4 years.

The link to the contest is still on the site because it contains access to the previous winners and most importantly, because I haven't had time to re-work the site to de-emphasize it yet.

--------------------
Be the storyteller
Don't worry, even Rand can't say my name right.
Group: M Moderator
Fallstar
Quote Post+ post
Aug 24 2009, 09:32 PM
Thanks for caring Myster HERO, I agree...it was fun coming to this site and seeing new submissions. Unfortunately, as Alahmnat stated, once MOUL was closed, explorers no longer had a way to take KI shots (other than Uru CC). But, once Cyan can give the green-light for user created content and such, we will polish off and fire up the old Golden KI. smile.gif

--------------------
D'ni Tin Hat Society Grand Poobah
====
Zeus
Quote Post+ post
Oct 16 2009, 10:14 PM
Is it possible to download previouse online content for Uru? Or is it all lost?
Fallstar
Quote Post+ post
Feb 9 2010, 03:26 PM
Sorry for not replying Zeus, I hadn't been to the forums in a while. I'm not sure what kind of content you're referring to. MOUL through Gametap was shut down, so I imagine Cyan must have acquired or retained the game files before they shut down....since as of yesterday (2/8/2010) Cyan has revived MOUL in the form of MOULagain. You need to register at their Play page which will send you an email. The email has a link to download the installer. Then you download the game files (1.2 GB) and go online. I hope that helps!

--------------------
D'ni Tin Hat Society Grand Poobah
====

« Next Oldest · The Studio Floor · Next Newest »

Reply to this topic Start new topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th October 2014 - 11:48 AM