It took me a while, but the new site is up. This is the point in time where I find it necessary to ramble on incessantly about features, additions, changes, and what-not, and you guys get to ignore me
.Please note, if you were using a Myst-related avatar from the list on this website, your avatar's address has changed, and you will need to re-select it!
- Obviously we have a new skin. However, if you don't like this skin, or maybe you just liked the old skin better, never fear. The old skin is still here. To change your skin setting, go to your Control Panel and select "Skin and Language Settings", then set your skin to DPWR Gray.
- The Archive has gotten a complete redesign. While it's still necessary to add articles through the forum interface, there's a new visual interface for viewing the Archive. Point your browsers to http://www.dpwr.net/archive.php or click on the Archive links on the left to check it out. Currently there is no search in the non-forum interface, so to search for an entry you'll have to use the forum. Aside from that, it's fully-functional and fully-skinned so both skins see it their own way.
- The Mug Shots album in the Members Gallery is going to be disbanded in favor of a new IPB 1.2 "Personal Photo" feature, which allows users to add a photo of their choosing to their profile page. If there's enough of a demand for it, I'll see about banging out some sort of personal photo gallery browser, but that's for later .
- On the subject of the Gallery, you may notice that the link is missing from the nav box. This is because Gallery and the portal software are having an argument, and Gallery has been put in time-out until they can learn to play nicely together (it was either that, or put the Portal in time-out, which would mean a dead site ). The Gallery should be back within a week or so.
- You may notice a new "warn" bar under your name (and your name only) while browsing topics. This is a new feature in IPB 1.2 which allows Moderators to more efficiently manage users in a group setting, so mods can see what the current status of the user is, can read why, and users will know if they're getting into hot water, and why.
- The DPWR Code of Conduct has been moved out of the Help section and given a spiffy link in the top banner labeled "Guidelines". Please be sure to re-familiarize yourself with the rules if you haven't read them lately.
So, where do we go from here? Well, that partly depends on you guys, the users. Suggestions, requests, questions, concerns, etc. are always welcome. As we get closer and closer to Uru's release, I expect the traffic on the site to increase, so it's important that any bugs or problems get hammered out now. Also, if you have an idea that you think may be useful, or a suggestion on how to help newcomers to the community, by all means post it. That's what the Feedback Forum is for
Again, welcome to the new site, I do hope you like it.