With the most recent upgrade, there have been a small number of changes and additional features. This list is here to help you to identify what is new, what's changed, and what's coming soon.The New
- The Gallery has been completely revised and rebuilt using different software created by the same company that provides the code for the forum we're running. It will be online in a couple of days, after Donahoo and I have had time to transfer all of the settings and images.
- The User Tray - on the left side of each post in the forum, you will see a new teal bar with a small set of arrows on it. Clicking on these arrows (or anywhere on the bar, if you're using IE) will pop open a small tray displaying additional information about the poster, including a link to their member gallery, IM contact buttons, and other optional information such as Guild affiliation.
- HelpDex - In an effort to make this site more user-friendly and explain some of the more complex features this site offers, I've created a small help suplement system dubbed the HelpDex. This system is comprised of a number of small question-mark boxes beside features which I've noted are often inquired about or used incorrectly. Clicking on this question-mark box will display a small tooltip with additional information and if necessary, links to where a more comprehensive explaination may be found. if you have something else which you feel needs to be added to the HelpDex, please contact me or post in the Feedback forum and I'll get it added.
- New Forums - In anticipation of the release of To D'ni on Monday, as well as the release of Uru Expansion Pack 2 later this year and Myst 4 whenever, I've added a number of sub-forums to the Myst / Uru Discussion forum. Feel free to use them.
- This is important! I have revised the posting and participation guidelines accessible through the "Guidelines" link at the top of the page. Please read them!
- The Help files are now a bit more, um, helpful than they were before, and several new things have been added. If you need help, check here first before dropping by the Feedback and Support forum .
- Language files have been updated and a few more ambiguous things have been re-worded to be more clear. You may notice some things are now labeled slightly differently. This is due to the changes I made to the language files.
- Member Galleries have been completely revised as a result of the new gallery system. Each member automatically has a personal gallery linked to their account. Members may post up to 15 images in their gallery, using an album which they may name whatever they want.
- There have been a couple of skin edits which have re-organized a few sections of the site, and in some cases, have moved buttons around a little bit. I made an effort to streamline the interface and make it more cohesive between areas of the site, and as a result, some things were moved around. If you have trouble finding something, please contact me or post in the Feedback forum. Also, in general, the skin has been refined and cleaned up considerably, removing some more annoying (to me) problems with multiple table borders.
- There's something new coming for those of you who want a little more from this site, or just want to show your support. Stay tuned for more news.
On the subject of the Gallery, you may be wondering why one should use the Image Submissions gallery (formerly the Image Submissions Forum) if there is a new Member Gallery function, and vice versa. The option is really up to you, but keep this in mind: you do not have a maximum number of uploads for the Image Submission Gallery, while you have only 15 available slots in the Member Gallery before you run out of room. How you use each space is entirely up to you, but it's something you may want to remember. Also, the Image Submission gallery will be linked to through the old Image Submission forum, while Member Galleries are accessible only though either the Gallery main page's link to the relevant category and through the link in your User Tray.